I pay into an NHS Pension Scheme Additional Voluntary Contribution (AVC) plan. What are my options with regard to this if I leave the scheme?

I pay into an NHS Pension Scheme Additional Voluntary Contribution (AVC) plan. What are my options with regard to this if I leave the scheme?
Your NHSPS AVC plan is not tied to your main scheme benefits. So, for example you can retain your main NHS benefits in the NHS Pension Scheme whilst transferring your NHSPS AVC.  This can be transferred to an existing Free Standing AVC or personal pension/stakeholder pension provided it has the relevant approval under the Finance Act 2004.

If you have been paying into the NHSPS for less than two years you will be obliged to take a refund of a lump sum equal to the realisable value of the investments you have made into the NHS AVC (less tax).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don’t Wait, Transfer Your QROPS UK Pension Fund To India Now!

List of Qualifying Recognised Overseas Pension Schemes (QROPS India) August 2021

ULIPS QROPS SCHEMES IN INDIA